Sunday 11 March 2012

Pick Your Man


This Puff n Pass comes with all the confidence in the world, undresses you with his eyes and you already feel like a sex object. Who is this guy that makes you feel so cheap? The last time you checked yourself out on any reflective surface, your crotch was nowhere in sight and the only twins in eyes’ range are the 2 nostrils of your round African nose! But for some reason this man sees u as a piece of meat n he wants just a bite! I’m sorry but I’m a full meal all the goodies and nutrients, ga ke short sepe! I am not a snack in between meals and I don’t come in bite size. My care label says “do not give to children under the age of 18”, yes u can’t handle this!!!

The hustler is in the building! Now this guy could be anywhere from a forest to masimo in freaking Mmathubudukwane but he is always in “the building”. The conversation with him, or rather, his meek attempt, at impressing you leaves you more confused than the idea of someone who still can’t buy clothing in his size. It is just too big!! You cringe every time he says “nah mean” because you have no idea why he is “BASICALLY OUTTA SCHOOL AND TRYNA PUSH A CAREER IN MUSIC.” Ke Mr. “I’m hustling some projects”. He says this and your first thought is he is probably a weed sales rep and you don’t want to be his down ass chick. I mean I don’t look like I’m trying to go to jail now am I?? He can barely walk because of these oversized pants and heavy Timberlands but he wants to step out into the world with you…uuhhhh ke sharp! I don’t want anybody bringing me down so I sure as hell ain’t tumbling down with you. Like I said, I hold my own. Now you can sea walk your way out of here. Call me when you’re the right size and can fit in my life as something more than a pest .Take your “straight cap” really ,it covers you like an umbrella protects you from all great advice.

Mr. Ambitious - Whistle! Whistle! Exse  baby! ao motho o montle! ao baby! At this point you know what is coming, an overly ambitious male .I give him a 10/10 for their confidence. He for some reason thinks his heavy African accent will somehow whale in a girl like you, like really whale - assuming you are a big catch that is! He truly believes in himself and that is a good thing right……… No matter how crazy you think he is, look straight into his eyes ,coz trust me, he knew he may not be of your standard but approached you any way. Ladies in those eyes, that’s the purest love you are ever going to see. It does not ask much of you, the person looking back at you has nothing to offer, but to love you with the little he has .Here is what you fail to see at this moment: a man with money does not love you by spoiling you rotten because he already has money and therefore he is not going the extra mile. But a poor man goes out of his way when he does something for you. It’s from the heart…… hai mare keng it’s more comfortable, not to mention easier, to cry in lush leather interiors of a range rover than on a bicycle! Mr. Confidence has great confidence to approach you but face it, you prefer having the 3 C’s ….than just a 10 for confidence.

Smooth Operator – If you’ve seen the series Single Ladies, you will know this man. He has that Malcolm smooth to him, that killer charm that will make a girl drop her pants on the first date. He comes up to you and you already want to sit up straight. You can’t help but change your demeanor. This is the only time a girl doesn’t want to be a le 14. You watch what you say and do around him. You have a constant need to prove your maturity. You become so self cautious – watching what you wear, order and say. Bo Mr. Smooth are usually the men with the messiest lives. His clean cut look is just a façade. He will fool you. For all you know he could be the father of his best friend’s kid. He does not let you in on his businesses. Could it be because Mr. Prim n Proper is up to his neck in illegal dealings or unimaginable corruption?
Pick your man……


My name is Bosa and I just let my mind wander...

From interesting careers that you didn’t even know about, inspirational women around us, to the type of guys that try and get with you…together you and I will engage in conversations regarding these issues and more.

This little space every month, (thanks to my girl Rori) will serve as a platform to get an insight on different matters of a common interest amongst ourselves; a way to exchange on a varied genre but not confining ourselves to a particular topic.

2 comments:

  1. Thats my kneeegar! Tellin it like it is! So proud Bos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha so damn true! And I thought I was the only one who thinks of such!!

    ReplyDelete